Tuesday 28 August 2012

Outlook.com - better than hotmail - part 1

Having scoured the Internet for something interesting to look at (interesting to a geeky IT nerd anyhow), I have found Microsofts new version of Hotmail.

First impressions are really good, with a clean design and instant integration with Microsofts web-apps (web based version of word, excel, powerpoint) and Skydrive with 7Gb of FREE storage...... WAIT A MINUTE.....

I have just checked and I have 25Gb of free space.... nice!

It also integrates with twitter and facebook and seems to be a decent single portal for most desktop users.

It looks better than the old trusty Gmail, so I am making a bold move and I'm going to import all of my emails (it tells me I can hold up to 4 POP accounts in outlook.com)

Seems simple enough, enter username and password and click go.....

fail. Ok try again...

fail. 

Log into Googlemail to make sure that my password is OK. it is.

Ah... a big red banner saying that my account has been accessed by an unusual IP address.  Go through the process of allowing that IP address and all OK.  Everything imported in seconds..

i will update in a week or so to see how I got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment